Miami’s Urban Development Review Board (UDRB) is scheduled to review plans filed for the Edgewater Collective, a three-towered, mixed-use development at 1900 and 2000 Biscayne Boulevard in Edgewater. 1900 Biscayne Boulevard is a 42-story, two-towered structure designed by Kobi Karp Architecture and Interior Design Inc. with 872 residential units. 2000 Biscayne Boulevard, already under construction, is a 36-story tower designed by Dorsky + Yue International, which will contain 420 residential units. The overall project is being developed by 1900 Biscayne Property Owner LLC and 2000 Biscayne Fee Owner LLC, which are entities tied to a joint venture partnership between New York-based real estate developer Kushner Companies and Miami-based PTM Partners, and will yield 2,022,779 square feet of space including 1,292 residential units, ground floor retail space, and 1,007 parking spaces.
Biscayne Boulevard binds the 2.301-acre property on the East, commercial property on the West, Northeast 20th Street Alley on the North, and NE 19th Street on the South, located in the T6-36B-O zoning transect. The filing included new project renderings and diagrams, focusing more specifically on the design for 1900 Biscayne Boulevard.
The developers are hoping to get several waivers approved to build the project to plan, listed below:
- an extension of parking into the Second Layer along the Primary Frontage (Biscayne Boulevard).
- an extension of parking into the Second Layer along the Secondary Frontages (NE 19th Street and NE 20th Street).
- a reduction of up to thirty percent (30%) of required parking may be permitted by Waiver, where the development is located within a quarter mile of a Transit Corridor.
- substitution of 1 industrial loading berth with 2 commercial loading berths and another substitution of 1 commercial loading berth with 2 residential loading berths.
- to allow up to a 10% reduction in the required drive aisle width from 23’-0” to 22’-0”.
Both towers at 1900 Biscayne Boulevard are planned to rise 471 feet. The FAA has issued building permits allowing developers to build as high as 485 feet. Permits for tower cranes were filed in December 2022. New construction permits are still under review.
YIMBY stopped by the construction site for 2000 Biscayne Boulevard last November when formwork was already a few stories past the podium levels.
The UDRB hearing is scheduled for January 18.